Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society
The Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society honors individuals who value higher education and make sustaining the University of New Haven part of their legacy. By joining the other members of the Maxcy Legacy Society, you are affirming that you want part of your legacy to be supporting the education of students at the University of New Haven. Nearly all students receive financial aid from the University, and as a Legacy Society member you are helping put students on a path to a productive and meaningful life.
The Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society is named for a long serving leader of the University. With the support of community leaders and grateful alumni, the two-year New Haven College that started in 1920 has developed into an innovative University with more than 7,000 students. Donors like you who include the University in their estate plans join a collective effort to develop the creativity and vitality of our society through education.
Benefits of Maxcy Society Membership
Joining the Ellis C. Maxcy Legacy Society gives you an enduring connection to the educational mission of the University. By becoming a member of the Maxcy Legacy Society, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- The satisfaction of knowing that you will have a positive impact on future University students, and that you will always be identified as someone who values higher education
- Your name listed on a permanent display in the center of Maxcy Hall, our main campus building
- Your name included as a member of the Maxcy Society in University of New Haven Donor Reports
- Invitations to special events and seminars
How to Become a Maxcy Legacy Society Member
You may join this group that sustains the vitality of the University of New Haven by:
- Making a gift to the University from your will, retirement account, trust or life insurance policy
- Establishing a life income arrangement, such as a charitable remainder trust, that will provide a lifetime income to you, or to one or two individuals whom you name, and then benefit the University
- Donating a residence while retaining lifetime use
Please notify us if the University is already included in your future gift plans by completing the Maxcy Legacy Society membership form so that we can thank you and you can be recognized as a member.
If you would like to discuss a legacy gift that fits your particular circumstances and tax situation, please contact Anne Whitman, Executive Director of Advancement, at 203-932-7286 or email@example.com.